Saturday, August 31, 2013

August run stats

August was a great month of running. I ran a total 144 miles! That is the most miles I have ever run in a month. Before August 2013, I think the most I ran was 120. Last month, I ran 112.




August running thoughts:

  • I can consistently run longer distances. I ran 19 times with an average distance of 7.5 miles.
  • I am more consistent with my training. Much better than last year.
  • My weekly/monthly mileage is increasing and I feel good. I run an average of 36 miles per week.
  • I'm ahead of pace on my goal to run 1,000 miles in 2013:
675 miles down, 325 to go ... #1000miles
  • I'm still not sure about my marathon pace. 
  • I understand that my long runs are supposed to be slow, but I feel that I may be running them too slow. I'm worried that I won't be able to run the pace I need for that long.
  • Compression tights are my friend.
  • Running on the treadmill isn't really that bad. I am starting to like it.
  • I need to increase my protein intake; specifically, immediately following a workout. 
  • I have to work on my post-workout nutrient timing. I am not getting what I need within the optimal 30 - 60 minutes.
  • My Michael Jackson running playlist is the best playlist ever!
  • I am feeling much better now that I no longer drink coffee. People are still EXTRA shocked by this (tell me how you really feel). I thought I needed the caffeine boost every day; especially, before workouts. Turns out, I don't need it after all.
  • I have two 20-mile runs coming up in September and I am still not sure how I feel about it *insert blank stare. I know I can get through one, but two?!
How was your month of running? Share your stats (show your pace so I know its real).

-Run



No comments:

Post a Comment