Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Running pains

I'm feeling a pain in my foot and I don't know what happened. I felt fine during my 7 mile run yesterday, but started feeling a little bit of soreness on the inside of my left ankle a few hours later. I just dismissed it and went to bed. I felt it a little more this morning and again dismissed it. I packed my gym bag for a run later and went to work as usual. As the day went on, I started to feel a little bit more pain and by the end of the work day, I decided that its best not to run today. I came home and iced it and watched some videos on Runner's World to try to figure out what's wrong.

Its not quite achilles tendinitis




or plantar fasciitis



It kind of feels somewhere in between the two. I feel pain on the inside of my ankle and sometimes in the heel too.


I feel pain around the tendon and fascia, but not actually on them. I have no idea what is going on, but I'm going to ice it, take an anti-inflammatory and rest a day or two.



I'll definitely be in soft shoe at work the rest of this week and maybe next.  I'm praying this doesn't keep me from running too long.

Anybody know what this is? or felt this kind of pain from running? Help!

-Run

No comments:

Post a Comment