Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Marathon Training Crew

It is my distinct pleasure to introduce you to my marathon training crew:


Back row: Brooks Adrenaline 12 and 13
Front: Brooks Pure Flow, Brooks Adrenaline 12

Now all five pairs of shoes aren't absolutely necessary, but I do believe every runner should have three pairs of training shoes: Two pairs to rotate for longer runs and another pair for shorter speed workouts. Read more about why you should rotate your shoes here

Some of you may be surprised that I don't wear Nikes. Anyone who knows me, knows how I stan for Nike products. I love Nike gear for their exceptional quality and performance. However, in training for my first two marathons, I realized that I needed a different shoe. I was feeling some knee pain towards the end of my training, but pushed through it. After the marathons were over, I consulted the Runner's World Shoe Finder to think about different shoes. I landed on the Brooks Adrenaline GTS and I love them.  I needed a structured shoe for mild pronation, that also had a decent amount of cushion. The Adrenaline gave me exactly what I needed. 

The jury is still out on the Pure Flow, but I've run a few speed workouts in them. My foot hurt really bad after the last time I wore them so I don't entirely trust them right now. I have no idea if my pain had anything to do with my shoes, but we runners can be a little superstitious; hence, the fifth pair of shoes. I recently bought another pair of Adrenaline (the pink on the front row). What color is that, do you ask? They are aptly named Diva Pink. Indeed.

Who's on your marathon training crew?

-Run

No comments:

Post a Comment