Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Running in my sleep

I finally dragged myself to the gym this week. Monday was a scheduled off day, so no problem there. Tuesday, I was supposed to do a track workout with the BGR! Indy ladies. But I struggle to make it out there because we meet at 6:30 or 7 and that is too late for me. Lately, I've been getting so tired in the afternoon that the idea of going to the track to run sprints had me feeling like this guy ...


I had every intention of going to meet the ladies at the track, but by 4 o'clock my eyes were burning from being so tired. A little bit defeated, I went home so that I could go to bed and wake up early for a morning run. I did go to bed early, but I only slept for 3 hours. Tha-ree hours?!


I could not go back to sleep after this. I tossed and turned for hours. When my alarm went off at 4:30 for my morning run, there was no way in hell I was getting up. So I changed the alarm and rolled back over. I vowed to myself all day that I was going to run this afternoon. Of course I was ridiculously tired this afternoon, but I was determined to get a run in today. I try not to go more than two days without running. I changed my clothes at the office and drove straight to the gym. I hooked up Breaking Bad on my iPad and settled in for a run.

8 miles later, I am glad that I got a run in, but I HAVE to do something about this sleep. I cannot deal with this much longer.



Y'all got any sleep tips? I need 'em man.

-Run

No comments:

Post a Comment