Wednesday, August 21, 2013

My boyfriend is back

NFL football is back! We have been blessed with some decent preseason games and I absolutely cannot wait until the season officially starts. If you know me, you know that I am a huge Washington Redskins Fan.

Hail to the Redskins #HTTR
Funny thing is, when I started watching football (I think I was in middle school) with my dad and my brother, we always watched the Colts and the Cowboys (shhh ... don't tell anyone). That doesn't mean I was a fan, I just learned the game by watching them. Like the son from this 80's PSA: "You alright, I learned it by watching you!"

What was the point of this post? Oh, right. Football. Football is back and to honor this fine institution returning to us, many of the clubs have organized a Back to Football 5k as a part of the NFL Run Series. How awesome is this? It combines two of my favorite things: running and football. The Indianapolis Colts are one of twelve clubs hosting this event with proceeds benefiting the American Heart Association. And this supports a good cause ... I am all about it. 

The run will take place this Saturday, the morning of the Colts vs Browns game. The race course starts and finishes at Lucas Oil Stadium and will take runners and walkers through downtown Indianapolis. The BEST part about this race (as if there isn't enough already) is that the finish line is located inside Lucas Oil Stadium ... on the 50-yard line. So, I get to finish on the 50? Can Andrew Luck throw me a pass as I race to the finish? I'll run a post and take it to the house. Surely Papa Irsay can make that happen.


As you can tell, I am really excited about this race. It should be really fun. I am also happy to be running a race that has nothing to do with marathon training. The miles are ticking up and every workout is important. This weekend, however, I can just go out and have fun. I'm not setting a time goal or attempting to set a 5k PR. I'm just gonna put on the Colts jersey my brother bought me and my Indy 500 tempo shorts and have a good time.

Dedicating this race to my dad who was a huge Indianapolis Colts fan. May he rest in peace.
Who's running with me? Anyone else planning to run a Back to Football 5K in your area? To all my DC peeps, the Redskins are hosting their run on September 7th. Register here

-Run

No comments:

Post a Comment