Wednesday, September 11, 2013

NFL Bucket List

I started a bucket list and it only has one item on it:

  • Watch an NFL football game in every NFL stadium. 



That's 32 stadiums.  I have been to 3 already:

1. Mercedes-Benz Super Dome to see the Saints play the Colts




2. Edward Jones Dome to see the Rams play the Redskins









3. Lucas Oil Stadium - I've seen three games there.








I have been to the Georgia Dome three times, but none for an NFL game (almost doesn't count).

I suspect that this will take a few years to accomplish, but I have a plan as to how I can make it work. Living in Indianapolis, there are 9 NFL teams within a 6-hour drive:
  1. Cincinnati Bengals (90 min)
  2. Cleveland Browns (about 5 hrs)
  3. Kansas City Chiefs (5 hrs)
  4. St. Louis Rams (4 hrs)
  5. Pittsburgh Steelers (a little over 6 hrs)
  6. Green Bay Packers (a little under 6 hrs)
  7. Tennessee Titans (4 hrs)
  8. Chicago Bears (2 hrs 30 min)
  9. Detroit Lions (5 hrs)

Not having to travel so far will help make it affordable. Another affordable strategy is to buy tickets to games when I travel for work. I will be traveling to DC in two weeks, so I got tix to finally see my Redskins play at FedEx. Next month, I will be traveling to San Diego for a conference and it just so happens that the Chargers are playing the Colts for a Monday night game. Score!

I am kicking off my NFL stadium tour this weekend (my birthday weekend) at the legendary Lambeau Field. The Redskins are playing the Packers in their home opener. I am so excited! I have an awesome seat on the 50 yd line (a birthday gift to myself). 

I also plan to see the Redskins play the Falcons at the Georgia Dome on December 15. My ATL peeps, let me know if want to join. We can coordinate NFL Ticket Exchange buying sessions.

By the end of this year, I plan to scratch off at least 4 stadiums leaving me with 25 stadiums to go.

What's on your bucket list?


-Run


PS, follow my NFL stadium tour with the hash tag #NFLbucketlist


No comments:

Post a Comment