Saturday, September 14, 2013

Green Bay

I made it to Green Bay this afternoon - the first stop on my 2013 NFL tour - and I am surprised at how nice everyone is. Of course I wore a Redskins shirt, but I was a little nervous about how I would be received. After I checked into my hotel, I hit the Green Bay streets. I went over to legendary Lambeau Field to check out the pro shop. You know, gotta pick up one of those pesky clear plastic bags. Also, my friend LT wanted a cheese head. 

I parked,literally, in front of the stadium and went inside with no problems. As I walked up the steps, a Packers fan greeted me with a very warm "Welcome to Green Bay" salutation and a hug. Awwww. How sweet was that? I almost shed a thug tear. 

I was also surprised to find that the rest of the stadium was open for visitors and tours. After I bought my goodies at the Pro Shop, I meandered through Lambeau. How awesome is this to be here?! After I took pics of every nook and cranny I could find, I left to find some eats. 




I fired up Yelp and found a highly recommended sushi bar just outside of Green Bay in a town called De Pere. Again, I was nervous about my Redskins shirt so I threw on my track jacket. To my surprise the hostess was also a Redskins fan. She was disgusted that management forced her to wear a Packers jersey. Finding strength in numbers, I quickly removed my jacket and boldly displayed my Redskins pride. 
I ordered a wrecking ball roll with a salmon salad. 


There was an issue with my salmon so the chef offered me a free dessert as an apology. I chose the green tea cheese cake. It was to die for. I have to remember to set up an account and start writing reviews on Yelp. If y'all are ever I. Green Bay, you have to go to Bonsai 



Day 1 in Green Bay, Wisconsin has been awesome. I cannot wait for the game tomorrow. 

-Run

No comments:

Post a Comment